Sunday, October 27, 2013

$6.24 DIY Project


During a recent visit my mum asked if she could have the horse pictured above.  Her reason:  Because I love horses.  I said no.


I happened upon these bookends at Value Village.  I immediately knew what to do with them.




First I painted them black.  It doesn't look black in the photo due to the sun (the sectional is black also).


I did a touch up on the black coat.



Then gently ran my brush, with silver paint, over the horses head and necks.


I screwed up at one point so I had to start over (just the section).


Here is the final result.  It could use a coat of matte varnish or polyurethane but my supplies are packed (moving out West).



Mum just arrived for a visit and she is very excited about her new bookends!

No comments:

Post a Comment